5.21.2006

Finally, an update from the official PILOT!

Yeah for Pictures! First I finished up my freshman year of college - praise the Lord! God definitely helped me through each week and especially through finals, finishing up flight, and packing up all my stuff. I can't believe how much stuff i own! Well, I survived my finals - just barely and passed all of my classes! If you had asked me if I would pass them during the first couple of weeks - I would have shared my doubts. I had to stay an extra week on campus to finish up flight - I did my third stage check and end of course and received my private pilots certificate! So now i can actually take you flying! Hip-hip, hurrah!! I believe learning how to fly according to the FAA standards and studying for the orals - all during finals week - was the toughest thing that I have had to go through - but God's strength was sufficient as always. Becoming a private pilot was a long endurance race, but I finished! And now paying off the loan will be even a longer race! Thanks for all of your help along the way and for your support through prayers and encouragement. I couldn't have made it without you guys. I definitely feel like my freshman year was a great accomplishment! Two of my pics have to do with flight - the first one is me with my instructor, justin, the day i received my certificate - and that was the plane that i did my check ride in. The last picture is one of my temporary certificate (the FAA will send the real one to me in a couple of months) and the picture of me after my first solo! On to more recent news,...I was absolutely wonderful to see Oregon again and my mom, sister, and nephew! I didn't remember Oregon looking so good - but it does and it will be hard to leave to go back to texas when the time comes. I spent a little over a week in oregon - I got to go to the coast on monday with a friend - which my next blog page should have a picture of that - and I helped out my mom and amy do a garage sale. We had to go through a lot of our stuff and it took days getting everything organized outside of our house. Friday and saturday were the garage sale - we did really well and got rid of practically everything. Katie and Owen came on wednesday to help us out as well - actually Katie pretty much took charge - which was a blessing. It was funny to sell each others things for so cheap of a price just because we all wanted everything to be taken away! Near the end, we basically said just take it! its free! Throughout the week though, I was also busy staying caught up with my english course online - a pain, but it will be nice not to have english in the fall semester. Saturday night/sunday morning, we celebrated Jordan's 2nd birthday - crazy! he is so big and is talking and hitting and spitting....Some of his favorite things are NEMO! - watching nemo every night - no joke! He loves to vacuum, mow the lawn, play in the water - we have a plastic circular pool, go on walks to see cows, puppies, donkies, kitties, ducks - you get the picture! Owen on the other had is obsessed with lights - he notices all the lights wherever we go and says "light on?" or "light off? and points - over and over again! He also has taken up the sport of skateboarding - he is actually quite good and fearless when it comes to trying new tricks - like skateboarding down the frontdoor steps - he has some scabs on his nose from that one. I love my nephews, but they are a huge handful and has made me rethink the job of ever parenting :o) atleast boys! not that we have much control :o) Their grins are cute though and they do give sweet kisses and hugs. So now, I am in IDAHO - crazy. I'll be staying with katie and ben and owen for a month working at a running story that ben's sister owns. Katie and I left this morning at 10am and arrived in star, idaho at 7pm. I very long drive, especially for owen. Katie's home is very nice though - I already made myself at home and have moved all of my stuff into their spare room. One handy thing is that they have wireless in their home, so i'll get to use my laptop a lot. (which is what i am doing right now) I hope to spend a month in oregon before moving on to alaska with kimber and ben - i know my visit in oregon with mom was too short - don't worry mom :o) The other three pictures were of us on mother's day - my first day home! What a blessing! Hope everyone's summer is going well. Thanks for your patience with my blogs - i know that i don't post as often as i should. God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Em, we didn't hear from you for awhile, but we understand totally. You have made up for it with all the news you included here and the pictures. It is wonderful that you completed everything in your freshman year so well, with God's help. A great and memorable year! You'll probably remember it for a long time. Next year should be easier, right? And what a summer - living in Oregon, Idaho and Alaska. Are you blessed! Love you, Aunt Deb

Jenna said...

Em, you're amazing!! A PILOT!!! Props to you! I'm very proud of you... Hope you have a great summer as well. Love ya, Jenna

Anonymous said...

emily I love you! I read your blog here and cried tears of joy and much thanksgiving! God has done so much and will continue to do more than we can ever imagine or dream. He is for you! He loves you! and yes, indeed - your time here was WAY too short and I am looking forward to your month here in June. Great blogging!....
MOM