11.01.2005

Cross Country has finally "landed"

Last Saturday was our conference meet at Mississippi College in Clinton. I had an ok race, but am thrilled to now have a break. It is amazing what a difference it makes with homework and rest - to not have to go to practice. Only two of our runners are going to regionals at Hendrix College in two weeks - Shane and Heidi. You had to qualify with a low time in order to make it. The weather has been getting chilly - like high 30s in the mornings, but usually it is always bright and sunny - so by the afternoon, its warm enough for a t-shirt. For fall break, I went to my Aunt Rhoda's home in Forney, TX after my home meet at LETU. It was nice to relax and sleep in - but unfortunately, I also had a long paper to finish before the end of break - at least I had time to work on it though. Nothing too exciting going on now. 22 more days until thanksgiving break and like 45 more days until finals are over and I fly home for Christmas! Ummm, am I anxious??? In a little over a week, I get to sign up for the second semester classes - I'll be taking mainly flight courses and then calculus - fun! This afternoon, I finally got to have some down time and enjoy the sunshine while I sat in the grass and sketched the bell tower on campus. It was relaxing. I ended up reading a book for my Bible class - called The Universe Next Door - outside in the sun as well. Yesterday, it was stormy - thunder, lightning, and rain - so I am trying to take advantage of the good weather. I love you guys - thanks for checking on me.

No comments: