11.13.2005

up, up, up, and away!!

well, this sunday afternoon, I finally decided to take advantage of an opportunity and go fly with a couple of guys. My TI for flight science was doing some training and another guy on my brother floor was going along as safety pilot, so I got to be the backseat. It was fun though to be up in the air again. There was some pretty big clouds with some rain, but I also got to see the campus and recognizeable parts of longview. So we flew for a about 50 minutes. I'm definitely glad I went even though now it isn't as exciting to think about doing homework. I can't believe I'll be doing most the procedures next semester with primary flight! Last night I also splurged and went to a high school that was performing Les Miserables - sooooo good! It was a musical and the students were amazing - it was protected so that you couldn't even take pictures or video their performance. Afterwards, a girl on our floor had made us cheesecake - super good - and then eventually some people in our dorm watched The Interpretor - good movie. So I have had a good weekend and don't look forward to hitting the books again :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cool, Ems. How exciting to get to fly. I am happy for you!
megga love to you. Please study that navigation so you don't get lost!! :o)

Anonymous said...

hi emily! happy (belated) thanksgiving! hope you had a good time! i saw carolyn and emily r on sunday coincidentally borderclash. cute pictures that you have up. hope you're doing good in school and you aren't having to stay up until 2am each evening/morning working on homework now that xc is over. if it works for you, we should do another emily, carolyn, triplets get together during the break. keep pressing on until the end of the semester!