2.11.2006

Chance of snow???

Yeah right! was my first thought when my friends told me they had heard the news forecast snow in our area. However, it has been cold and windy today - yesterday, it rained quite a bit too. This week was a tough one with lots of tests, but I passed them all! As a result, this weekend has probably been one of my lightest as far as homework load - yeah! Yesterday, after my labs that go to 4:30pm - I never touched homework. Probably a first for me this semester. Last night, I went to a live comedy - really nice to be at peace and just laugh :o) Flight went really well on Thursday - we worked on S-turns, circling around a point, and rectangular courses. And now, we can actually look at the flight instruments, so we are graded on how close we keep our altitude and airspeed - annoying, but a good habit to form, right? Tonight, I've actually done all the work that I plan on doing, so i'm just hanging out - probably watch a movie later. This next week is midterms - but i don't think i'll have too many tests. God answered one of my prayers and provided me a job on campus! The secretary in the aeronautical science 1 building emailed me out of the blue and offered me a job working just a couple of hours a week. I'm really looking forward to it and I can do it for all four years! She is a really sweet lady too. Today, after 4 hours of math, I decided to draw something for one of my friends who had quite a bit to do this weekend - it felt really good to use my creative ability and just draw for fun. I hope everyone is doing well. And I wish you all a happy valentine's day! If you are happily single, remember that God is your valentine's every day :o) thanks for posting comments :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave and I are sure enjoying your posts! We are amazed at all you're doing!! I'm glad you were able to have a more relaxing weekend. Speaking of weather - the last two days have been beautiful here - we hiked McDowell Creek Falls yesterday and walked around camp today - a warm 53 degrees this afternoon!!! I'm ready for spring!
Have a great week!

Sarah said...

hey em, just a quick little comment to say that I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Emily, on your flight today. I am so proud of you~
You ARE priceless!
The light of God surrounds you,
The love of God enfolds you,
The Power of God protects you,
The presence of God watches over you.
Wherever you are, God is.

Hugs and thanksgiving!
MOM :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet Emily, I just read your blog after a long time of not reading it. Great news about your job and answered prayer. I'm also glad you made the time for some creative expression. You are learning so much about flying! I guess that is the plan. Uncle Vernon is recovering so wonderfully. He'll try to call you soon so you can hear in his voice how well he is doing. We love you and keep up the good work, OK? Aunt Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Em,
Proud of you and the pursuit of your dreams. GOd is good. Glad that you had a special Valentines Day. I saw your mom this past weekend. She came up for my 40th birthday bash. Can't believe I am 40 or that you are in college. Crazy! Love, Deidre