2.05.2006

The skies are clear

Well...where to begin? I'm sorry for the huge delay in posting on my blog since last semester. To say the least, college life is keeping my running and it doesn't look like it will slow down anytime soon. This picture was taken after my first flight block - fun and exciting!! since then i have flown 6 more times and tomorrow is my first stage check--scary! I will show that I can listen to the weather briefer and ATIS, preflight, calculate the weight and balance, taxi (hopefully on the center line), make all the radio calls, takeoff, checklists, navigate from airport to practice area and back, perform slow flight - steep turns - power on stall - power off stall - and engine failure procedures, and enter the flight pattern around the airport properly to land. Its amazing how much i have improved and learned already - but the process is definitely not over. Classes are going ok - lots of new stuff to learn that will apply to my major such as meteorology, foundational concepts of aviation studies with a lab, dc electricity with a lab...Right now i'm taking a break from my homework and the superbowl game. This last week i played in a intermural basketball game - wow! i'm out of shape. And we lost really bad. A couple of weeks ago we had missions emphasis week - it was neat hearing from quite a few missionaries. I hope everyone is doing well. i'll try to do better with blogging - but no promises :o) sorry. I miss you and i hope everyone is doing well. please email me or comment and let me know how you are.

2 comments:

The Lyons said...

I am so proud of you.....how exciting! Great pictures - I look forward to our first flight together. And hey - have your intructor schedule a flight to Oregon!!!! We'll meet for lunch.
I love you
God is your head Pilot!
love, MOM

Sarah said...

hey Em, Thanks so much for the email. Sorry I haven't called you back-I will as soon as I can. It is so exciting to see you fulfilling your dream. Keep up the good work. Love forever!
~Sarah