10.23.2006

Fall Break

Well, sorry for being about the worst blogger ever. My fall semester for my sophomore year has been a little bit more challenging than expected. I'm taking powerplant electrical with a lab, intro to reciprocating engines with a lab, aerodynamics, Instrument ground school with a lab, and for flight - I am flying the citabria for my tailwheel endorsement and have flown four solo cross countries in the skyhawk across TX and LA. This year, I am blessed to have a car - yeah! Its been really nice going to the airport when I need to, as well as off campus for movies, coffee, wal-mart, church, or studying. I've been working usually mon, wed, and friday mornings in the Aeronautical Science I building with the secretary. All the faculty are especially nice - so besides being early in the morning, I don't dread going to work. In fact, I get free coffee :o) Midterms are finally over!!! Its been a struggle, but I am passing all of my classes. We have today and tuesday off for fall break! Friday, I went to a third day/david crowder band concert in tyler - the two pictures are of me and my friend katie at the concert and of third day. The place was packed and the base made your insides vibrate - really weird feeling. It was nice to get away - even though I kept seeing letu people. Saturday, I had a really good flight block in the citabria and then drove up to Forney, TX to see my great aunt Rhoda. I had a nice visit with her, plus some yummy food :o) Now, I am hanging out at my friend - katie's home. I only have about 7 more weeks of the semester!! Sorry, for the delayed update and poor blogging. I'm looking forward to coming home to oregon and spending christmas in idaho with family.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah-you bloged. We really need to catch up unfortunantly is sounds as if we are both way to busy. So I look forward to the time when we can just sit down ond regroup. I saw your mom over my break and it made me miss you so much more. I love you tons.
~Sarah

Beloved said...

Wonderful to see you and friend Katie! So glad you got to attend the 3rd Day Concert - a nice break from studying. You have worked hard this semester! God is most certainly faithful and provides everything you need for life and more!
Blessings and love
See you SOON!

Debra said...

Em, I was delighted to see your new blog several weeks ago but didn't leave a comment then. Must have been short on time, which I know you understand. I know you are having a tough time but we're proud of you for keepin on. Keep on persevering and don't give up. It is worth it. We love you and thank you for signing our guestbook and checking on us. It is now nine months since transplant. Amazing! Aunt Deb & Uncle Vernon

Anonymous said...

Hi Em!! No, I think I take the cake for worst blogger....
I Love you!!
KT