11.08.2006

God's faithfulness!

I had the privilege of waking up at 5:40am to get ready to fly for a flight review at 7am. I'll admit that I had definitely been fighting some discouragement from not finishing the citabria sooner. This early morning, I flew with a different instructor who just happened to also be a Chief flight instructor. He really helped simplify the landing procedures and all of my landings went really well. So after going through all of them a couple of times, he asked me to perform specific ones - so after flying for a little over one hour - we taxied to park. For the debrief - he explained that he had been happy with all of the landings and was impressed that I had crabbed into the wind during downwind leg of the traffic pattern in order to fly parallel to the runway (winds were really strong at 1,500'); steep turns weren't the best - but I'm learning. So anyways - the praise and blessing from God is that He not only help me focus that early in the morning and perform well - He answered our prayers! The instructor said that he'll count the first .8 hour as a review and the last .3 as my stage check - so with God's help, I passed and am done for the semester with flight! God is good. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement :o)

4 comments:

Katie said...

Good Job!!!! I knew you could do it!!

Debra said...

Praising God with you, Em, for how this morning's flight went and that you passed, even though you didn't know you were being tested. What a relief to be finished for this semester! Now you can concentrate just on studying and tests. Keep on doing your part and trusting God to do His part! We love you, Aunt Deb & Uncle Vernon P.S. I changed our blog pictures again.

Beloved said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow - and how thankful we are for His faithfulness! GREAT is His faithfulness!
I love you and am so proud of you!
How very, VERY exciting!
Wish I could watch you fly that tail dragger! Are you ready to take me up?
megga love

Anonymous said...

Way to go Emily. Come visit Sarah and us over Christmas break. We would love to see you and to hear more about your feats.