9.02.2005

I should be working on homework but....

i wanted to update everyone. thanks for keeping tabs on me :o) Today ended the first week of classes. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the work load, but i'm excited about my ground school for getting my private certificate and i really liked the flight lab - we get to fly simulators. This week we will be tested on take offs. Last night and this morning! i was up with my roommate studying for the first chapter quizzes in our flight class. We finished at 3:30am and went to class at 6:50am! fun time. luckily i got to take a long nap after the flight class until chapel. Longview has been receiving around 3,000 refugees from the huricane. There are actually some staying at my college and there is a shelter close by where people are volunteering. Its pretty crazy to hear what is going on. Well tomorrow morning is my first cross country meet in southern arkansas. We are leaving at 4:50am! I run a 10am - so it should be a full day. Things are going pretty well. they definitely keep you busy. I really enjoy the girls on my floor and i'm slowly getting used to the population of boys on campus. i love to hear from you. Hey - if you see or hear from my mom - give her a hug from me :o) thanks! back to the textbooks :o) i'll try to take some pics on tomorrow's trip and post some of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey im glad to hear all is well and that your studying hard like you always do ;) dont work too hard.

Anonymous said...

you sound like Jenna and Maree with their sleeping schedule, minus the getting up before 5... that is crazy with the 3,000 refugees!