9.11.2005

Duplicates again! University of Texas at Tyler cross country meet

Well, here are some more photos: the beginning of my race - i look really excited!, the start of the boys race, and Heidi with the coach's son, John. It is fun having the boys around - kind of reminds me of my nephews. We left at 5:40am for UTT and our race started at 7:30am. I placed 16th out of 38 and my time for the 6k was 29:15. It is the first time i have ever ran that distance, so i can't really judge how well i did personally. Afterwards, we got to drive back to longview and eat out at IHOP - yum! And i had some visitors at the meet! my great aunt and her friend came to watch - it was really nice to have their support there. So tomorrow at 7am i begin my third week of college classes! Thanks for all of your prayers and encouragement. I love receiving your comments/hearing from you anytime. (keep me posted from your end as well :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It's good to be able to keep up with your new adventures this way. I've been enjoying the pictures - can't imagine running in that heat!!

Keep up the good blogs :)

Anonymous said...

Emily, glad you got to see Rhoda and Tink on Saturday. Keep up the pictures, even if they are double. You ran a new distance. How often will you do that? We love you!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Emily, you are quite the athlete! Glad to see you're handling college life so well. - Leanne

Anonymous said...

esta bien! nice pictures too!